Thursday, July 31, 2008

Danger! Danger!

At the bottom of my computer screen, right next to the clock, we have a little thingy from The Weather Channel that shows the current temperature. RIght now it is flashing yellow. It has flashed red before, so tonight's flashing is obviously less dangerous than I've seen it, but when I clicked it, a screen came up that said SEVERE WEATHER ALERT.

What could it be? Severe thunderstorms? That's a possibility. Two students from CSU died from lightning strikes in recent days, which is awful. A tornado? Naw, we all know those don't happen here.

No. It's a heat advisory. Seems that the temperatures could top 100 degrees in the coming days! Whoa!!! It could even get to 105!

Isn't that cute?

Considering that most of the summer where we're from the temperatures consistently hover at about 110, that just completely amuses me. I even heard Denver just broke a heat record this week, having something like 18 days of weather above 90 degrees.

It just cracks me up.

I don't think it's ever below 90 degrees where I'm from unless it's nighttime, or possibly February.

The warning advises: HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS... STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM... STAY OUT OF THE SUN... AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.

Will do.

No comments: