Thursday, August 28, 2008

Housekeeping

Time to clean up around here.

The Olympics are over and I loved watching whenever I had the chance. The US cleaned up with the most medals but the Chinese dominated taking the golds. I think the most disappointing thing was that the US softball team lost the gold for the first time ever - and softball won’t be in the 2012 Olympics. (Yet other bizarre “sports” will be - like badminton?!) 80% of my poll-takers agreed that the Chinese women gymnasts were lying about their ages and that it might’ve made a difference. Time to take that stuff off the sidebar…

The kids both started school this week. Ticker removed…

I try to keep up the prayer blog as I can. There are so many needs there… don’t forget to check it out and Come Pray With Me.

So my summer scrapping goal didn’t go so well. It started out pretty well - I met my June goal and did pretty well for July, but August, well… it just didn’t happen. That said - I am *thrilled* with all that I did get accomplished ~ much, much more than I have done in the last several years, and I am going to resume again after Labor Day. Maybe, since I now have an unspecified business endeavor, I’ll soften the daily goal… we’ll see how it goes. It was a fun challenge, though!

I am still reading an awesome novel. I really enjoy it but have struggled in the last week or two to find reading time. I’m trying to finish it so that I can read Bellwether for our community reading project going on right now. We are all finished with Harry P until Miss Grace is old enough to love it, too. I have been awful in terms of reading my Bible. That’s something else I need to get more consistent on after Labor Day.

Well, that feels better. I procrastinate when it’s time to declutter, but it feels so good when it’s done. :)


I was going to redecorate around here today, too, but the decluttering took enough of my ambition. Another day, perhaps. I would love to do a beautiful-looking blog - something like Queen B's or Tammy's ( really love Tammy's!)... maybe I'll learn how to do that someday. For now, it's simple, and simple works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought you were the Queen B!