Thursday, August 07, 2008

Just When I Thought She Was Getting Better...

Yesterday my Pampered Chef materials arrived. They are currently strung out all over the living room. It's absolute chaos in my house this morning, complete chaos. I have a lot to do today.

But anyway, since I got my things yesterday, I had to put together some host packets and take them to my neighbors, the two people who have done me the favor of hosting August cooking shows so I can get started. I asked Chris to look after Grace while I ran next door.

Now I have to admit I was down at J's house for quite awhile. We talked about PC but she also had people coming to the door, phone calls, and of course, we had to deal with our boys. And we had to just chat. You know, because I had to tell her about the cowboys at the rodeo.

After J's I scooted over to T's. She had dinner on the table and Ro was home - I could see the car in the driveway - so it only took a few minutes. And when I came in the house, I saw the path of destruction from The Tornado.

OK not really, because I'd already admitted to you that the house is a wreck.

However, there was still destruction.

Miss Chris evidently got distracted (no kidding) with the computer. So Miss Grace took it upon herself to beautify Christianne's room.

With lip gloss. Pink lip gloss.

On the walls.

On the door.

On the floor.

And all over herself and in her hair.

(Is there any irony in the fact that while I was at J's, she told me about how her 8yo niece had gotten make-up all over her daughter's carpet, when she was old enough to know better...? I had thought to myself, yeah it's one thing if you're 2, like Grace... And at that very moment perhaps, what was Grace doing? Hmmm...)
When she was finished redecorating, she announced: "It's pink! I made your room prettyful. Like me. I'm a princess!"
This of course led to hysteria as Chris overreacted and flipped out, and Robert had to come home from working all day and deal with his naughty monkey and her very angry sister. He also had to try to clean up. This stuff, whatever it's made out of, would not come off Miss Grace's skin with normal soap (and I mean high-strength antibacterial soap, because Ro is a germophobe). It took this item from the garage:



So I came home, heard the story, and got busy doing whatever I needed to be doing. Ro was somewhere, Chris was somewhere, Josh was nowhere. Grace was playing while I was working on the computer. (And I can honestly say working now, because I have a job now. Remember? I am a Kitchen Consultant.)

And then I heard a sound... an odd sound... rhythmic and actually kind of relaxing. It sounded like Grace was blowing through a straw. After a few moments I realized she would not have access to a straw, and I swiveled around to find this:

It's the second one in about a week.
I put her in the tub, washed her hair, got her out, and tried to comb it. It is nasty, still. I don't know how long it will take to come out of her hair.
Kind of scares me to think Chris slathers this stuff on her mouth all the time.

6 comments:

geo said...

i almost pee'd
i would start considering military school for that kid.

ahahhahahahahaa

Memaw said...

Debby was about Grace's age when she decided to do her hair with Vaseline. It took forever to get that out. I hate to say this but I see a pattern here with what Grace does and what Debby did. LOL. You learn to sit back and laugh. You will survive . . .

Ro said...

What about the cowboys at the rodeo?

Beth said...

They did some pretty cool tricks! :P

Dad said...

At least the Vaseline was clear, and unlike Chris or Grace, she hadn't broken her bones. Deb was testy, but not so bad.

Anonymous said...

Duh...Grace is perfect just like her aunt Deb!!!