So tonight as we gathered for family prayer time before bed, Ro made a comment about the Olympics. I asked him, referring to the poll on my blog, if he voted.
Christianne chimed in, as kids often do, not really knowing what we're talking about: "Who did you vote for? Did you vote for Phelps?!"
We told her it wasn't about that, but about a poll I put on my blog. She started squealing, "Where's the poll? Where's the poll?"
Immediately Ro and I started to laugh, because we were reminded of this...
A few weeks ago a neighbor told us to watch a newish TV show called Wipeout. We did at the next opportunity and found it laugh-out-loud funny. In fact, one day I was having an awful day and was feeling pretty down by the end of the night - but we watched an episode of Wipeout, and I gotta tell ya - laughter really is the best medicine.
One of the first episodes we saw had this contestant on there named Ariel. You've got to see this girl. She was so quirky and goofy - and I loved her and rooted for her all the way. Check it out, and if it doesn't make you at least smile, then you might need a different kind of medicine. ;)



5 comments:
I'll try changing my meds as I don't get it.
I chimed in like a KID?! Ugh!
David & I get a huge kick out of Wipe Out. It never fails to make me laugh. I also remember that particular show with Ariel and when she couldn't find the pole I almost died laughing!!! Thanks for the rerun!
I love wipeout!!!
Whew... after a couple of comments I got on the blog and by e-mail, I was starting to wonder if I needed to change *my* meds! LOL That show is hilarious. It reminds me, too, of some of the things we did with the youth at Trinity - not that extreme, obviously, but we had some pretty stinkin' funny moments. :)
Post a Comment