Thursday, September 18, 2008

The B Stands Alone (edited)

I went to my first Bible study in a long time yesterday morning, and yesterday evening I attended our first ladies-night Flock (a small group within our church that fosters fellowship and deeper study). It was a day of meeting other Christian women in our church ~ something that I've been missing since we moved here just over a year ago.

On the way home as I was pondering all their names (I used to be so good at remembering names; that talent seems to have waned over the past few years), I remembered how when I was a kid I used to love to watch Romper Room. Did you? Do you remember the part at the end when the teacher would look through the Magic Mirror? I always waited expectantly for her to say my name ~ and I don't recall she ever did.

So on the way home, I pondered all women I'd met, and tried to connect them in my brain with their faces. I met:

  • Jan, and
  • Judith, and
  • Joanna.
  • The childcare workers were Jackie and Julie.
  • I also met Joan;
  • Jill, and
  • Judy, and
  • Jen, and
  • Jessica couldn't make it, but there was
  • another Jan - no kidding about all the J's. There was a
  • Mary, and Monica,
  • Tracy, and another Tracy,

and, as far as I can see, I was the only B.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't hear your You Tube videos with your music playing.

Anonymous said...

turn them off

Beth said...

I'll temporarily disable the playlist, but I enjoy those tunes so it will be back shortly.

The easiest solution, for future reference, would be to scroll to the bottom of the screen where the playlist is, and click stop or pause. Not difficult, and it allows you to enjoy both the playlist and the videos.

Hope that helps, whoever you are.

Anonymous said...

FYI, there is no playlist on ours, just yours!

Beth said...

Um, there isn't anymore, because I disabled it, as referenced in my previous comment, per your request.

The MUSIC you heard playing, as referenced in the first comment, is a PLAYLIST. It is not on anyone's computer, but on the blog, heard through your computer if you are reading my blog, when it is not disabled. It is just at the bottom, so you may have not seen it.

FYI.

Anonymous said...

I love your playlist. Don't disable it. I can always push stop if I need to listen to something else. PS..Happy belated birthday!