Thursday, September 18, 2008

Warning - This Post Might be Rated TMI

It's no secret that when you have young children, you have very little privacy. I took advantage of Dora being on TV for a little "me" time in the bathroom. Moments later, the door opened, and in came Grace:

"I wanna poo with you."

"You can't poo with me, Grace. But you can go poo on your own potty."

"No. I want to poo with you."

Grace begins to fidget and look at all those fascinating things found only in a toilet room. I made some suggestions:

"Why don't you go find Minnie Mouse?"

"No."

"A book? Go find a book."

"Uh uh."

"There's your stroller over there - go take your baby for a walk."

(Screwing up her face) "Ew, Mama... you stink. You stink, Mama."

"I know, Grace, why don't you go out?"

"No, Mama, I wanna poo with you."

I decide to ignore her to focus on the business at hand. A moment later:

"Mama. Mama. Mama. Where's your poo? I want to see your poo."

"It's in the potty, Grace. You can't see it yet."

"Oh. Mama, you stinky."

Another proud parenting moment. Funny, we we've been talking about humility lately. It's hard to be proud when your 2yo is supervising your potty activity.

1 comment:

Ro said...

Thanks for sharing! :)