Saturday, December 20, 2008

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Well not Santa, actually, but Pop, Mom, and Deb! Please pray for their safe travel!

I don't know who does more damage to our poor tree - Velcro or Grace.

By the way, I have only had time to wrap one gift. One gift, for Grace - wrapped and sitting in the same place where I wrapped it. Hadn't had a chance yet to label it, bow it, and set it under the tree.

And Miss Grace sneaked downstairs to the wrapping area, quietly went in the wrapping room and closed the door, and came out with said gift UNWRAPPED!

"It's my birthday!" she exclaimed.

I said no, took it from her quickly, and ushered her upstairs. Josh asked what the gift was. I said I didn't want to say because I don't think she really saw it. Through her tears she yelled, "Yes! It's a music box!!!"

Fun times.

Actually, generally it is pretty fun. Now that Grace is two she "gets" a lot of the stuff going on now. She recognizes Santa (and likes him), she knows he's coming, she gets excited about Christmas lights, and she helped decorate the tree and set up the Nativity.

Really: fun times. :)

Hope you're all ready for Christmas. I'm not even close, but oh well. Don't lose sight of Who it's all about. :)

xoxo

1 comment:

geo said...

ahhhhh. i needed that laugh.