Thursday, May 21, 2009

PS: AI

If you don't care about American Idol, you can skip this post. No hard feelings. :)

Or if you like it but haven't watched the finale and you want to be surprised, stop reading now.

I am not typically the kind of person who blogs about each episode of TV I watch. I mention it here and there, but really - there are people who blog about American Idol every week. Heck, there are people who blog about it *as they are watching it*! That's not me. But since the finale was last night, I did want to bring it up and see if anyone has any comments on it!

First of all, I think that this final episode was the best final episode I've seen in the few years that I've watched American Idol. I was sooo surprised at all the guests that sang! Seriously! How cool was that?!? And it just kept getting better and better!

I'm not the hugest fan of Keith Urban or Lionel Ritchie... and I can't say I'm the biggest classic rock fan, either, but Dude! KISS!?!? (I knew as soon as I saw Adam's get-up that they'd be joining him on the stage.) And... QUEEN?!?! Wow. Pretty stinkin' impressive. Even Steve Stinkin' Martin played banjo... Queen Latifah... Black-Eyed Peas... excellent line-up.

Please don't think I'm such a goober I was on the edge of my seat drooling down my shirt... but I was pretty entertained.

One of the highlights of the whole season had to be when Kara outsang Bikini Girl... I still chuckle when I picture it.

And the winner...? Wow. I'm actually not that surprised that Kris got it, although I wouldn't vote for him because of how he spells his name. ;) I think Adam is more talented actually, but I think Kris will reach a wider audience. And ya'll chose Kris over Adam 5 to 2, so there you go. You must not have been surprised.

One last thing... I was a Gokey fan from the beginning... but I gotta say he really wasn't the right one to win. Know why I say that? Did you see them all singing in their white outfits to that song "So What? (I'm a Rock Star)" Well, Danny's boxers showed right through his white jeans. If he was a real rock star, he would've gone commando. I'm just sayin'.

What say you?

5 comments:

geo said...

i, too, was wowed by their guests. i wonder if they had to beg them to appear or if their guests begged them to let them on.

absolutely loved the duet w/ cindy lauper.

kiss...they are ol fat men....flabby. ewwwwww.

kris will make good of the title...and adam will do just fine w/o out.

was fun watchin, but i am glad it is over.

bring on the summer

Beth said...

I can't believe I left out Cindy Lauper. I knew I'd leave someone out. That was pretty stinkin' cool too.

I laughed at KISS, too. They are OLD... too old to don that crap... but they are definitely one of a kind. Adam kinda fit their sound, huh? But he's way too young to join 'em. :)

Memaw said...

I guess I am going to have to break down and get a satalite. After 14 years without TV and reading your blog I feel like I am missing so much. LOL

Dad said...

America got it right. Although I do believe that Adam was the smarter and more talented entertainer, Kris' music appealed to a broader audience. It was the best series ever, and the finale spoke for itself. I knew it had to be an all male final three, but had a few of the girls picked better songs, they might have snuck in. I liked Survivor this year as well.

wshotshot said...

Man, if I feel asleep like that my neck would be killing me! Love the pic!