Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thirteen

Here she is, our very own teenager.

Can you believe that? A teenager. I hadn't really thought a whole lot about that, about how that makes me feel, until this morning - it hit me. A teenager. I am now a parent of a teenager. And a toddler. Weird!

Christianne had a few friends over for our Party au Chocolat. Good eats, and a good time. The girls played a few chocolate-themed games, went on a scavenger hunt, and we had an auction. They were up until 3:30 this morning and we made them get up by 9 for breakfast.

I have to say that one of the smartest things I've ever done was have my firstborn around Memorial Weekend. ;) It's really convenient for parties and things, actually. And the young lady on the right there... her birthday party is tomorrow night. Busy weekend... and we're already tired. Good thing we have an extra day off this week.
Happy birthday, my special firstborn. You are an amazing girl, and I thank God for you. Be a good teeny bopper, like I was. I love you.
xoxo

5 comments:

Christi said...

Her birthday was yesterday, Mom. :)
Her party's tomorrow.

Dad said...

Happy Birthday Miss Teen Angel! I thought you said it is spelled WookieE.

Memaw said...

I remember when we found out you were coming. I remember the first Christmas when you made your presence known. I remember you being born at a very special time in our lives and feeling a void that continues to over flow with love and pride. Watching you each year grow into a more Godly lady makes me so proud. I love you and wish you the very best birthday ever.
Thank you God for this special gift.

Beth said...

That's what I said, Chris. ;)

You're right, Dad - thanks. I just can't get used to it.

She is definitely a special gift.

geo said...

amazing. happy birthday, c