Tuesday, May 06, 2008

48

That's how many boxes we have left to unpack: 48. 8 upstairs, 6 downstairs, 22 in the basement, and 15 in the garage... and that's taking into account the 3 I already unpacked today.

Holy smoke, you must be thinking. How many boxes did they have to start with?! A lot. Haven't they unpacked anything? Um, yes. A lot. 48 to go.
I would like it noted that after we purchase a media cabinet (on order, due to arrive next week), and a bookcase for Grace's room, I should be able to eliminate 10 more boxes. Easily. Maybe even 12.

Of the 36 that will remain after that, there are about 6 that are filled with Ro's tools and electronics that I don't want to go near, so they really shouldn't count. There are a few that will remain boxed - clothes that the kids haven't grown in to yet, so they shouldn't count, either, really. There are a few that I can easily unpack; I just have to take the time while Grace is napping or the kids are home to watch her so I can go out to the garage and do it.

That leaves about 20 or 22 unpacked boxes that I have no idea whatsoever what to do with.

Not included in the count of 48 boxes are 6 large boxes ready for the Vets to pick up on the 13th (charity). There are another 6 medium boxes full of outgrown baby clothes that I'm hoping to sell to a used-baby-clothes store, if I ever get off my butt to do it. And there is one box of a few items that I need to list either on Craigslist or E-Bay.

So. We left CA 9 months ago this week. We lived in hotels for three weeks, and so we've basically lived in this house just over 8 months now. And I still have 48 boxes to go. Do you think that's normal? Especially for someone who doesn't work outside the home? Hmmm... I'm thinking not.

On another note, did you know that the post office has raised their rates again, effective Monday? It was kind of a surprise to me. So if you've got stamps other than those Forever stamps... be sure to add an extra stamp to your posts. That's your free tip for the day, my very own public service announcement, just for you.

No comments: