Even if you only read one blog, like this. Sometimes I don't post until night. Sometimes I don't post at all.
So... because it's all about you... ;) I've been experimenting with Feedblitz.
There are other services out there, in which you can subscribe to any blog via an RSS feed (whatever that means), but you need a reader (whatever that is) to access them. I don't think it's that hard to figure out, but it's a little technical for me. I'm all about easy.
So... I found Feedblitz. With Feedblitz you can subscribe to any blog that has a Feedblitz thingy on it (see the sidebar at right), and you'll get the blog delivered directly to your inbox. And yes, it's free. I'm also all about free. :)
Advantages:
- You don't have to take the time to go online and go the blog site to see if anything has been posted. If there's something new, it will be delivered to you. Note that the subscription is only delivered once per day.
- From the e-mailed blog, you can click the headline and it will take you directly to the online blog, should you wish to go there.
- Easy, easy, easy to use. Just enter your e-mail address on the sidebar and follow the simple steps to set up the subscription. Takes about a minute. Your addy will not be used for anything other than the subscription.
- It's very simple to unsubscribe, too, should you ever wish to stop hearing from me again.
Disadvantages:
- You don't get the new blog delivered immediately. Usually it comes in the morning with the previous day's post (if any was made). You could get it more frequently if I wanted to pay for the service, but I don't. Remember, I'm all about free. :)
- You have to click to the blog (but it's just one click) to leave a comment or see comments or to see all the fascinating items I have listed on the sidebar.
I might be the only person in the whole blogdom who writes an entire post on subscribing to a blog. Maybe it's just common sense to most internet users, but it isn't to me, so there. :)
I hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend - our first official summer weekend since school was out yesterday. Unfortunately we've got chores on the agenda and Ro had to work. :) Hopefully it won't take too long though and we can enjoy the afternoon. Happy Saturday.



No comments:
Post a Comment