Interesting. Grace doesn't seem like she was up at 4:30 this morning, to snooze again for only about an hour or so before perking right up for the day. She doesn't even seem like she needs a nap... the way I do.
But then again, I was also up at 12:30 with Chris, who had a stomachache. Thankfully that didn't turn into anything major or nasty. Like the time... oh never mind - I'm sure you'd rather not hear about it.
But maybe even that wouldn't bother me so much if I hadn't stayed up until nearly midnight thoroughly engrossed in a good book. Which means that I dreamed about the characters when I did finally get to sleep.
Which reminds me... I've been really in the groove lately - papercrafting. (That's going to be my catch-all term for scrapping and cardmaking and whatever else I come up with to create down there.) So, whenever I can't be in my studio (Doesn't that make it sound awesome? It's much better than just calling it the basement, or the cave.) and I have to be upstairs watching the kids and all that other stuff that is technically my job... I've been surfing the web for layouts, samples, and ideas.
Which means that what I really dreamed about on and off all last night was young wizards and their wizened professors creating greeting cards out of leftover cardstock and, of course, ribbon.
Maybe you just have to be there, I don't know - inside my head - to appreciate the full weirdness of the dreams.
Or maybe there was something in the air. Chris shared with me that she dreamed she was in her t-shirt and underwear when her band teachers invited her to play with the 8th grade band. That's a good one, don't you think?
Speaking of which... Chris had her last band concert last night. I hope I can get a video of it because I didn't think to bring the camcorder. It's amazing what improvement and growth and great strides they have made in 9 months. I'm really proud of her and I'm thrilled that she seems to have inherited her daddy's genes for music.
And speaking of which... after the concert, Ro got to have a playdate last night himself. One of the musicians from church invited him over to "jam" and he got to hang out with a couple of guys and jam for a couple of hours. He had a great time, and I'm glad he got to go. He hasn't been able to just hang out and jam with his friends in a long, long time. He played a little bit when N & M were here in December, but he hasn't really been part of a group that just hangs out and jams, you know, for several years. It's cool. :)
Well, I think she's winding down. Her two fingers are in her mouth and ni-ni blanket is gathered around her as she listens to Dora sing, "Buenas noches." I'll put away my overusage of the word which (including which means and speaking of which, et al) and my serious overusage of italics for the day with no real explanation as to why I felt insert your own idea here to use them in such a manner today, cuddle up with my little one, and when Dora outwits Swiper and goes on her merry way with her backpack, I'll scoop Miss Grace up and put her down for a nap. Which hopefully she'll take. Which means that I'll be in a better mood later. Buenas noches.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment