Saturday, May 03, 2008

Scrappin'. Unpackin'. Salin'. & Wailin'. (?!?!)

We were back to springtime weather today ~ a gorgeous day. It was a really nice blessing after freezing our butts off the last two days. We hit a few garage sales, and I picked up a rubber stamp set for my new card-making endeavor, a couple of Star Wars toys for J, and a vintage Nancy Drew book for C. We've actually been keeping our eyes open for a lawn mower, but haven't found one. The lawn's starting to need a haircut.

Today was a good, productive day. Ro got some things done around the yard ~ what he could do without a lawnmower, and I worked on a 2-page scrapbook layout because, you know, it's National Scrapbook Day. I didn't finish it but I'm getting there. I love scrapbooking down in the basement because there aren't any interruptions or little fingers grabbing at my tools, but after awhile it gets a little bit lonely, so I came back upstairs.

Ro took Josh to a comic store in FoCo ~ a treat and a surprise for J ~ and they had a great time. While they were gone, I got to work in the garage. I finished doing major filing and when Ro got home, he got to work on his man area. Together we unpacked another 5 boxes today. Man, that felt good.

Yesterday afternoon Joshua went home with a friend after school for a playdate, and Chris was invited by her friend to a movie. I need to get Grace a friend. It was almost really quiet when Robert got home. Almost peaceful. Almost.

Hey... actually... right now... it is peaceful. Grace went down easily tonight, and Josh and Chris are camping out in the basement. Ro and I are going to watch a little TV and hit the hay early tonight. I'm beat.

Love you all ~

No comments: