I'm pretty jazzed - got all my work done for today, and after a shower and a quick shave of the ol' legs, I get time to do whatever I want... for a little bit anyway. The kids and I are bringing strawberry shortcake into J's class for his birthday. :) We're all excited about it. Tonight we'll go out to dinner and let him open his gifts.
We will be doing a birthday trip to the Denver Zoo soon for all three kids... and Ro and Josh will be going on their 3rd annual Man Camp next weekend for part of his birthday. (Chris and I will probably do something girly, too, for hers.)
~~~~~
My favorite weather is soft rain when it is still warm enough outside to wear shorts - like today.
Only I didn't know it was supposed to rain. I've been busy finishing up my housecleaning endeavors - remember, the floors? - all morning, and working up a little bit of a sweat, I might add as well. I opened up the windows throughout the house because it's spring and pretty outside and slightly breezy - and it would help dry the floors, right?
I opened the slider off the kitchen and a window downstairs, one in the loft, one in my bedroom, and one in Grace's room, just before I put her down for her nap.
So... I was busy vacuuming the basement and the stairs and was pretty surprised to come back up and find it was raining outside. That dry kitchen floor? All wet again. Nice. The window sills in my bedroom and the loft were drenched.
I can only imagine what might be going on in Grace's room. I'm hoping that she isn't getting wet. Because you might think I'm a bad mother but the cardinal rule in this house is that if the baby is sleeping, you do not ever ever ever open her bedroom door unless there is a life-threatening emergency, because she will wake up immediately, and we all know how lovely life is when Grace doesn't get her full nap.
So the rain might wake her (though I hope not); but I won't.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
happy birthday, josh.
geo
Post a Comment