So while I'm on the subject of music... I was in church this morning (and glad to be!) and they mixed things up a little bit, playing more worship music at the end of the service instead of all of it (or most of it) at the beginning. It was a time to go out with worship on our hearts and also to reflect upon the teachings that had been presented.
But before we began to sing, in a quiet moment, I was reminded of a song that I used to listen to quite often... and I began to sing in my heart the lovely lyrics. They were just the words I needed to "hear" this morning, too, like a whisper... Isn't God cool like that?
Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on Playlist to add it, or anywhere else on the 'net, for the matter, so you're just going to have to listen to me "sing" it to you, from the best of my memory. (At least you don't have to listen to me hit painful notes!)
Whisper Your Love
by Greg and Rebecca Sparks
Sometimes I get tired of singing songs about my frailty
Even more than that, I get tired of being frail
But in my weakness, I am learning that simply You are strong
And in Your strength I've found the place where I belong
Well You whisper Your love to me
And comfort me with the simplicity
That You are in control
I am not
You shelter me with angels' wings
They lift me up and make me sing
About the lifter of my head
The lover of my soul
The one true God who is always in control
If I had a choice in my life I'd never suffer
If I had choice, my life would know no pain
But in my heartaches I am learning to take a sweeter point of view
I believe that You have fashioned them to make me run to You
Well You whisper Your love to me
And comfort me with the simplicity
That You are in control
I am not
You shelter me with me angels' wings
They lift me up and make me sing
About the lifter of my head
The lover of my soul
The one true God who is always in control
Well maybe if I weren't so stubborn
Maybe if I weren't so prone to wander away
Maybe if I would learn my lessons and be perfect
But that's not how I'm standing here today
Today, I need You
I need You
To whisper Your love to me,
Comfort me with the simplicity
That You are in control
I am not
I am not
Shelter me with angels' wings
Lift me up and make me sing
You are the lover of my soul
The one true God who is always in control
I wish that you could really hear this song. It's beautiful, and I hope that today, you will hear Him whispering His love to you.



No comments:
Post a Comment