~~~~~
Ya'll... (No, I am not Southern but sometimes it just pops out. Weird, huh?) Ya'll... I have to tell you that God answers prayer. :) Just since my last post with prayer requests, Wanda has had good news regarding a medical test, and Josh is back on his bike. :) I have a couple more to add:
- Georgia - health concerns
- Danielle - knee surgery on Friday
- the Hoppers - leaving in January for a year-long missions trip
- Irene - quitting smoking
I have been thinking about starting another blog for just things of this sort. I thought it would be neat to post each prayer request as an entry, and keep track of when and how God answers those prayers. Do you think that's corny? I would really like feedback on that. I've been thinking of doing it for awhile, but for some reason I feel a little hesitant or unsure. It would be like a public prayer journal, so that others (whoever chooses to read it) could pray together and to encourage people as we see God answering prayers in His timing and His way. Please let me know what you think. :)
~~~~~
Yesterday Miss Grace slept until after 10 a.m.! I guess maybe the RMNP trip wore her out. :) Or maybe she's taken on her siblings' attitudes that summer is for sleeping the day away. She took a 3-hour nap on top if that, too. Later we went to the library and walked downtown a bit, discovering a very, very yummy soda shop not too far away.
We have been challenged by finding good books for Joshua to read. He's a good reader, and it's been hard to find books for his reading level for boys. The Barnes & Noble lady turned us on to two series and he read the first book of each and liked them (Magyk, The Indian in the Cupboard). Would you believe that at the library yesterday they didn't have book 2 in either series?
We stumbled on Louis Sachar's Wayside School series. He is the author of Holes, so I thought J would ilke them. He got 2 books and has already read the first one.
Does anyone have book suggestions for boys, reading at about the 5th grade level or up? Chris is never at a loss for good reads!
~~~~~
It's supposed to get up to about 87* today. Whew! ;) Those of you in 100*+ temps, I feel for you. We've only run the a/c a few times all summer. It will probably get hotter, but right now it's about perfect for me for summer. And, I found gas yesterday for $3.81/gallon. Those of you with gas well over $4 - and I was part of it a couple of weeks ago - I really feel for you. It's hard enough to fill up at $3.81per.
Anyhoo... I got things to do. Love you. Boo! :P



2 comments:
prayer journal is good idea. lets do it.
are you sure grace is not twisting her hair? rastafari tendencies?
Kayleigh wakes up with the same hair. I wonder what they do in their sleep.
And I think a prayer journal is a great idea. I'd read it.
Post a Comment