On Saturday the youth group had a picnic at the park we geocached in last week. It was fun to hang out and to chat some with the youth leaders.
It's been raining off and on again, like it did when we first moved here. Thunderstorms nearly every day, raining hard but not for too long. Today we got a good shower that lasted quite awhile, but usually they last less than an hour. After we got home from church yesterday and the rain cleared up, C and J headed out for a bike ride. I know I've said it before and it's kind of corny, but you really have to know Josh and Chris both to understand how I just marvel at the fact that they're out riding their bikes. This is a long time coming, really. Now if I could get them swimming... that's next on the agenda.
Anyway, yes, they've been riding, and in fact Chris is out riding herself now. But I digress. They went out on a ride yesterday and... and... Josh wiped out. :( Poor guy. He's okay, but he's pretty banged up, scraped up, and sore. Chris was with him and was able to call me by cell to come to the rescue. It's all good - nothing broken - but he's pretty sore.
I hope you'll pray with me that he'll continue to ride, that this won't discourage him and that he'll get back on his bike soon. He says he will after he feels better. I hope so. I really hope so.
Prayer Needs:
- Ro - up for a good job; should hear something next week.
- Chris - in need of some good friends.
- Josh - bike stuff
- Ann - neighbor teen headed to Mexico Saturday for a missions trip
- Wanda - health
- Wayne - job
- Karla - pregnancy (due September); concerns
God is good. All the time.



1 comment:
yes He is.
get a bike and ride with them!!!!! you guys are so very fortunate you are in an area that you can ride in.
Post a Comment