Sunday, July 20, 2008

So...

I haven't posted in a little while.

I would like to say that it's because I've been traveling (again). But I can't.

Or that I've been focusing on my APAD Summer Scrapping Goal. But nope, that's not it, either. Unfortunately.

I haven't been immersed in good books, busy making summer crafts with the kids, or writing a novel.

I just had to take a break and have a teensy weensy mental breakdown. :) No biggie, I'm all right. No need to worry about me or to even discuss it. It's all good. I don't want a pity party or to even rehash all the things that have been overwhelming me. I just want to let it go, trust the Lord, and move on.

~~~~~
Church was good this morning. Isn't it crazy how good it feels to be in God's house after a long, yucky week? Robert played again on the worship team, and seems to really be enjoying it. This morning's team also included a viola player (violist?) and he was fantastic. He's also single, has a good job, and just graduated college. Hmmm... I think I might know someone back home who needs to visit us in Colorado. :)

We are studying from John... and how yummy it is. I miss being in the Word consistently, which is probably the reason behind my little breakdown this week. :( It's so hectic with company and travel and the kids being out of school and all the activities of summer. But I know that's no excuse. As hectic as it was in Jesus' final days, He was purposeful about going off alone to spend time with the Father. How I needed that reminder. Hmmm... that wasn't even what the sermon was about. ;)

We need to find a small group in our church to plug into. I would appreciate your prayers on that for us. So far most of the "flocks" meet at times that would be difficult with Ro's work schedule, but we need to figure something out.

I am looking forward to September. It isn't just that the older kids will be back in school; I've actually enjoyed them quite a bit this summer. It's the routine that comes with school. It's hard to keep a real routine in summer for me. But I'm also looking forward to plugging into a women's Bible study a lady invited me to, one that has classes at the same time for 2-year-olds. Yes!

Anyhoo... a lot's been going on, but not a lot post-worthy. :)

~~~~~
I would love to visit the farm in Gracie's world. Today, as we sang Old McDonald (again) on the way home from church, she said that on his farm he had a:
  • pig (there's always a pig, and it always comes first)
  • cow
  • dolphin
  • duck
  • seal
  • bear
  • helicopter
  • puff
  • hiccup
  • Pikachu

and probably much more. My mind cannot contain it all. Especially with Josh leading - and, no offense to Josh, he doesn't know the song, even after hearing it about 7,523 times in the past 6 weeks. But he does the sounds well, especially the helicopter. And the proper sounds make a huge difference.

1 comment:

Memaw said...

Welcome back from your little break down. Good to have you back. Remember, God never promised it would be easy but He did promise to be with us as we go through these things. I know from experience sometimes you just have to reach up and hang on by a small thread . . . trusting God in everything and knowing His way is best for us even though it doesn't seem like it at the time.
I love you!!!
Memaw