Wednesday, August 15, 2007

One More Week...

Evans, CO... still!

OK the drive from the hotel into Loveland each day gets a little old, but we made some phone calls today and nothing comes close to this rate. Isn't that crazy? I guess we'll do it another week (for the most part), and then... home! The hotel life sure loses its fun quickly. I'm even starting to look forward to getting a stove, I'm getting so tired of eating out. Yes, it's me.

We got so much done today, and yet only crossed off about half the list! What a busy, but productive day. Laundry, to the house to meet with radon guy, lunch and errands, house to meet with carpet guy, more errands, house to meet with painter guy, back to hotel for a bit, dinner, hotel. At least gas is a lovely $2.71/gallon!

It was fun to spend so much time at the house today. I am getting really excited about it. We took some measurements and double-checked some things for our purchases we'll have to make soon, thought through some ideas on furniture and paint colors and such, etc. The radon bid came in on the low end of what we expected (half of what one person thought it might be); the carpet bid was right where we had hoped; and we are still waiting for the painter's bid. All three of these workers were wonderful people that Jerry had referred us to, and they were neat people to chat with. Man, there's a difference between CA and CO: people here like to talk. They're not in a mad rush to move on but will stop and chat with you as long as you let them. That's something we're not really used to!

G has had kind of a rough day today. She's still got a touch of diarrhea and a bad rash. This morning she nicked her ear and later fell down the stairs at the house (yes, I know I dropped the ball and should have been watching her; I promise to buy a gate before we go back there again). Then on the way into a store, C whacked her upside the head with her umbrella, and then J popped her in the cheek while he was playing with her. Poor girl!

More rain today. I'm loving it. One of the guys we talked to (can't remember which one now) said this is pretty unusual for the area. It's kind of nice, although I have to admit I hope we get CA weather for moving day!

Other tidbits:
  • The kids are reading quite a bit. C is a little more than 2/3 through the last Harry Potter book. J constantly has his nose in The Big Book of Boy Stuff. Even G likes to read her board books and picture books over and over again.
  • G has said "thank you" a few times in the past few days. She is chattering quite a bit, although most of it is pretty unintelligable. She gets so excited when she sees dogs of any kind. She makes a kind of "arf" sound and gets pretty animated. And she loves the I-stole-your-nose game. She has been a real trooper and pretty easy to deal with despite not feeling that great and (I think) teething.

I'd better call this a night and get to bed. Another day in Denver tomorrow...

No comments: