Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday, for lack of a better title

Evans, CO, for just a few more nights...

I miss our Sunday routine at home: the mad rush to get everyone to church without being late, visiting with my Christian family, worshipping together and hearing the sermon, visting with others, and having our Sunday dinner with Pop at his house. He cooked for us nearly every week, delicious chicken and rice with gravy or meatloaf or roast. We started this tradition shortly after Grandma died, and, five years later, I have no doubt it will be one of the things I'll miss most.

We drove up to Estes Park this morning, a small town at the base of Rocky Mountain National Park. It's a gorgeous drive, following the Big Thompson River up to its elevation of 7500 feet. We parked and walked around awhile, browsing the shops and enjoying the beautiful weather. I believe my sister has a timeshare up here; if that's correct I sure hope she'll take advantage of it!

After that we had lunch at Perkins again. This is a chain that we don't have out in SoCal, and I really like it. Then we drove into Fort Collins to shop for appliances at the mall there (no Sears in Loveland, strangely, but Fort Collins is only 10 miles away) and check out a car Ro was interested in buying. We bought a fridge and it's due to be delivered on Thursday. We'll go back after our escrow closes on Tuesday to buy the washer and dryer and maybe shop for some furniture at Furniture Row while we're in town.

Oh! On the way to Estes Park, we stopped by the house to check out the paint job. It's so beautiful! We went with a light tan for the majority of it, with the main floor bathroom and kitchen a sage green (which sets off the white cabinetry beautifully). Our painter did such a pro job - patching all the holes and nicks and wow... I especially can't wait to move in now. :)

We got another redbox DVD so we're doing Family Movie Night tonight with The Last Mimzy. I think I'll join them now.

No comments: