65 miles today - well, it would have been if we knew where we were going ;)
Whew! What a day. I can't believe we're here.
We had a wonderful continental breakfast at the hotel and then I went back to the room for awhile to do some internet research and blogging while Ro took C and J for a swim. I also attempted to get G to nap, but she was having none of it. In fact, after a bit, I looked over the laptop at her to see her precariously balancing on the top of the Pack & Play. Took her what, 5 days? to figure out how to climb out of it. Great.
After a lot of driving around the area (because my internet research obviously didn't include a visit to Mapquest), we found the Colorado Mills Mall. We had promised Joshua a trip to the Lego store, and honestly, the kids have been so good this entire trip they really deserved the treat. After lunch at the food court (noting the friendly man who carried my tray because my hands were full), I took C over to Bath and Body Works and Limited Too while Robert and G accompanied J to Paradise.
We made it up to Loveland around 4, and drove first to the new house. We weren't able to meet up with Jerry today so we had to be satisfied with an outside view and looking through the windows. What we could see we absolutely loved. It's beautiful on the outside, with a small front yard and porch and burgundy shutters. I love shutters. :) The backyard is quite big! If you saw the pics online the cement slab out there is for RV parking evidently. For now it will be a great place to play Mexican horseshoes. :)
Through the windows we could see beautiful tile and a clean and pretty kitchen and a little bit of the fireplace living room area. All the other homes on the street have great lawns and are well-kept. We are really excited to see the house on the inside tomorrow. We are hoping to see it with Jerry early; either way we are having the inspection and are meeting the inspector afterwards in the afternoon.
From there we found a local storage area. The manager there (darn, forgot to get her name) was so friendly and helpful and welcoming; meeting her really was a blessing. We got a small unit and went to work. The kids were great, waiting in the car with Grace, while Robert and I unloaded the trailer and packed the unit floor to ceiling. It barely fit, but I'm glad it did.
Met a guy named Roger as we finished unloading. He, too, was friendly and helpful (at least in the advice department!) and a Christian. It was nice to chat with him, and he recommended his church to us. We may check it out some Sunday.
Grabbed a quick dinner at Good Times, a chain we've seen out here that offers burgers and frozen custard (and we had both!), and headed over to drop off the trailer. It was nice to be free of that. It's definitely a gas guzzler and slows us down, not to mention the fact that we can't do drive-thru's with it, hehehe.
And then... finally... we arrived at our hotel, another Best Western. In fact, this is the same hotel we stayed at earlier in the year when we visited Loveland. The town, by the way, has greened up, and it's absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to driving around tomorrow and showing the kids more of the lakes and such.
We may stay here another night. I need to look into some weekly rates and/or renting a cabin at a local campground. These hotels aren't cheap, and there's evidently some kind of exhibition in town this weekend that's also driving up the prices. Oh well, such is life. Jerry did ask if we could rent the house before the purchase went through, but they weren't too excited about it I guess. That would be the most ideal thing, really.
And lastly, Robert checked his e-mail just before I got on here, and he heard back from the Longmont supervisor. They have opened up the position to the outside (finally) and want him to call them asap to set up another interview. He is planning to call in the morning.
Boy, I'm tired. That's enough for tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayer Needs:
- Trisha had surgery this morning to drain some of the fluid in her brain.
- That we will be able to find a place to settle until escrow closes. Ideally, that would be the house, but we can deal with other solutions.
- That the Longmont position would be formally offered to Robert and he be given a start date.
And In the News:
- I see that Barry Bonds broke the home run record today. Hmmm...



No comments:
Post a Comment