Now of course God sometimes says no to our prayers. He is God, and He is sovereign, and that's His prerogative. But when you know that God promises to meet your needs and take care of things, if you pray for rain, you might want to make sure you're ready for it when it comes.
So shortly after Ro and I saw that movie, I began to think about that in terms of our move. I began packing and preparing for the move, even though the housing market in our area was shaky. I began preparing the kids for a new school, even though the house might not have sold. And I prayed...
And God sent the rain. He has poured out His blessings on us time and again with this relocation. He sent the rain. I'm glad I was ready. :)
...
Yesterday was a frustrating day on a couple of different levels, and I don't want to bore you with the details or further frustrate myself! However, the kids are doing great. C made a new fi-end (see yesterday's post) at school. She is choosing the trumpet for band (we'll rent it for a month to be sure, but we're excited for her). Her school had Back to School Night last night and it was pretty neat for us to go to. Today is picture day and I just love the outfit she chose to wear. Maybe when she gets home I can post a picture to the blog for it.
J converted one of his fi-ends into a friend yesterday, so he enjoyed school much better. They have already begun learning cursive on the first day! He came home Monday a little frustrated because it wasn't that simple for him, but yesterday they worked on lower case L's and he loved it. I also picked him up a practice book and he practiced on all kinds of letters last night. I'm personally thrilled because his print is terrible. He learned bad habits and we never got them corrected. So far his cursive looks great!
Today is a short day for both of them. They actually go to school longer in the day than we did before, but each Wednesday is a reduced day, so that's kind of nice.
G's rash is still there and she's still pretty irritable. I'm pretty sure it's just a heat rash, though, after doing some more reading about it. If it doesn't clear up in a couple of days I'll have to take her to the doctor I think.
Ro thinks the test yesterday went very well, so thanks to those who prayed for him!
I wanted to say thanks to those who've commented on the blogs... Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to hear people enjoy reading them. :)
Prayer Needs (still):
- G's rash
- Car



No comments:
Post a Comment