Evans, CO - two more nights
We spent the first half of the day here in the hotel. Ro took the kids swimming while I spent hours on laundry. I sure hope that's the last time I'll have to use a coin laundry for quite awhile.
Went over to the house to check out the paint job and pay Painter Ken. I am so thrilled with the work he did. The house wasn't horrible when we first saw it; but it was clear that it hadn't been painted in a long time - if ever - and there were lots of dings and holes. Ken cleaned it all up and painted it and we just love it. In my opinion, it turned a decent house into a beautiful one. I can hardly wait for Carpet Guy Gene to work his magic tomorrow.
We got the rest of the utilities turned on today as well, except for the trash. You take care of water, gas, and electric through the city so we went over to the municipal building to set that all up. There is a cool fountain there that kids can play in - Foote Lagoon - and more sculptures on the grounds. It was really pretty and the staff was very friendly.
Hmmm... what else did we do today? More mail stuff, more banking, another trip to WalMart. Oh, I had to pay for my first haircut in my life today. :( My hair has been driving me nuts, getting in my eyes and such, and hey, I should get my driver's license photo taken tomorrow, so this was as good a time as any. I actually did it in the salon at WalMart! lol.
Fruit slushies at Sonic, X-box, and dinner at Old Chicago again rounded out the day's events.
Tomorrow will be a big day: we are scheduled to close escrow at 2pm! Boy are we ready! That is, if our cashier's check arrives from CA by tomorrow morning!!! But after all that is worked out we'll also have to go into Fort Collins to take care of our driver's licenses, purchase our washer and dryer at Sears, and hopefully we'll make it over to Furniture Row to check out some couches and a kitchen table.
Boy are we wiped out today. Miss G seems to have caught these snifflies from the other kids and she didn't sleep well at all last night. She woke up a number of times, and got us up by 6 in the morning. As soon as I'm done here I've got to try to get some sleep; who knows how long I'll get without her waking us? Zzzzz...
Tomorrow night should be our last night here at this hotel, and thus my last night with internet access for a couple of days. I believe it's scheduled to be turned on Thursday, so I will blog again Thursday night or, more likely, sometime Friday.
Tidbits:
- J can't remember Gumby's name for the life of him. He keeps calling him "Colby" or "Noodle Boy."
- G now says "Josh." She doesn't say it much except when we're in the car, and then she says it over and over and over again, usually getting louder and louder and louder.
- I'm pretty conviced G is going to grow up to be a people greeter at WalMart. She is so friendly and waves to anyone and everyone.
- C finished the last Harry Potter book today!
- G's rash is still there, but it is definitely improving.



No comments:
Post a Comment