Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Evans, CO

Happy Anniversary to my Ro. 15 years! If I didn't love you, I wouldn't be here. :)

Well, let's see... we had a productive day today. We found a cheaper hotel (finally) that gave us a weekly rate, which is why we're in the neighboring town of Evans instead of Loveland. Not only were we having trouble finding weekly rated hotels in Loveland, but there's evidently a sculpture expo going on this weekend, so a lot of the rooms are sold out, period. But we lucked out finding this hotel - a Sleep Inn, and it even has internet access (yay me), swimming pool and spa (yay kids), free breakfast (yay we) and a soup bar each night!

So, after breakfast at the hotel this morning, we checked out and scooted back over to the U-Haul place to turn in paperwork, to the post office to get our mailbox keys, and then to a wonderful yummilicious nutritious lunch at Mickey D's (never fear - the gift cards are almost used up!). We drove around for awhile before meeting at the house with Jerry, our realtor, and the inspection guy. The kids enjoyed seeing the various sculptures that dot Loveland as well as all the lakes!

We spent a lot of time walking through the house with the inspector. He was amazingly thorough and we felt kind of overwhelmed, actually, at all the things he pointed out. This was a repo, after all, and the previous owners took not only the stove as we expected, but cabinets, a sink, and the air conditioner as well. (Thank the Lord the hot season will be over about the time we close escrow at least - we can deal with that later.) There are other things as well, but my brain is fried and I'm too tired to think of details. Tomorrow hopefully we will go through the inspector's report with the handyman Jerry knows and he can give us an idea of how much all the repairs will cost. At that point we will decide what has to be done and what doesn't, and whether or not we want to add the repair cost into the price of this home.

On the up side, I love the floorplan of this house. The loft is huge and will make a wonderful scrap area. I even had to admit to Robert that it was big enough to share. :) I love the neighborhood - nice and quiet and well-kept. I am happy with the schools that the kids will attend. Right now we just have to think and pray about the cost and see if we want to proceed.

Oh! Did I mention that my amazingly romantic husband had arranged to have an anniversary balloon bouquet delivered to the house? It was waiting for me inside when we walked in. It was so sweet and thoughtful. I am so blessed by having such a wonderful husband.

What did I give him? Just a hard time. :)

We had a fantastic dinner at TGIFriday's. I had a Strawberry Shortcake - mmmm... haven't had one of those things, literally, in years, and I had the brisket - wow. It was sooo good.

Two notes on the job front - the supervisor at Longmont talked to Robert this morning and asked him to come in tomorrow to meet everyone and have another interview. She was positive and friendly. Then later in the day the Kaiser recruiter called and asked Robert to come to Denver one day next week to fill out the paperwork for his benefits and scheduled his orientation date for the 27th. I think that means he has a job!?!?

G is doing well. She has been so easy this trip, and she's really taken to sleeping in the Pack&Play. We have a little photo album book that we look at often, and she's been giving kisses to the pictures in it of Pop, Grandma, and Aunt Deb. It is so stinkin' sweet. As usual, she's friendly and waves to everyone and gets lots of attention.

J is still emotional about leaving California. He does pretty well, and almost gets excited, and then quickly he'll make a comment about how it's not as good as home. He even cried a bit when we were looking at the house and said he didn't like it. It sure hurts my heart to see him like that. I think once we get settled and school starts, he'll be fine, but still... His shiner is changing colors every day. It's pretty funny actually.

C is doing great and loves it here, and she prays every night for Grandma to visit. :)

I'm pooped; over and out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Praises:
  • I got a text message from Trisha today that she's sore but headache-free. :) Sounds like the procedure yesterday went well. I hope I can talk to her soon.
  • Looks like Robert will be working again. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayer Needs:

  • Direction and wisdom concerning the $ we should invest into this house.
  • We need to pick up another car.
  • Robert's interview tomorrow.
  • Escrow to close early. Jerry said yesterday that we may be able to close on the 21st, rather than the 31st. That would be great, because our hotel experience is nothing like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

No comments: