Everyone's gone but G and me, and she's asleep. The Wigglets are at school, Ro at work, and of course Mom, Pop, and Deb had to leave yesterday. I loved having the house full of noise... full of family. It was so hard to see them go. I felt like I got a freebie, a free gift - a visit that was a total surprise and quite unexpected and I'll treasure it! I hated them leaving, but at least I am reassured that it's doable, quite doable - family visits!
I missed writing yesterday, but Deb... man... she's a machine. She crawls out of bed (complaining about how early it is), and before she's even fully awake, she's at work. Not only did she accomplish Ro's Honey-Do list for the weekend on Friday before he even got home from work, but she accomplished things I didn't have planned until next spring! She goes from sun-up to sun-down. Man ~ when we lived in Palmdale she'd come over and sleep on my couch some afternoons. She didn't do that this weekend until she'd put in a full 12 or 14 hours of work.
So I felt too guilty to come in here and blog while she's working on my house, you know? :) She did bring me papers to grade, though! So I did a little work for her, too, while she was here. (Not much though compared to what she did!)
Unfortunately on Sunday, the buffet from Saturday and/or all the walking Pop did and/or the stairs he climbed and/or the work he did... whatever the cause... Pop didn't feel well much of Sunday. He stayed home and rested most of the day. He seemed better yesterday, though, and for that I'm very grateful. He slept well here, and ate well, except for Sunday.
Sunday we had lunch at Black-eyed Pea. Mmmm.... then off to America's Furniture Warehouse to snag a kitchen table and chairs. Yay! We could finally put away the card table we've been using. Or, I suppose I could keep it in the dining room. ;) Anyway, it's a farm-style set in white and oak. I love it. We had to rent a U-Haul trailer to bring it home, but we got it. Mom and I went to return the trailer and by the time we got back, Debthemachine and Ro had it all set up and put together. Unfortunately I have to return two chairs, but it is what it is.
We got some more things done around the house and played a couple games of Aggravation. Pop and I beat Mom and Deb both games. Gotta love that! Sure was nice to take a break from Debthemachine's work schedule and relax with some marbles and dice. Fun!
Would you believe that as soon as the game was over (like 10:30p?), Debthemachine stood up and started moving boxes?!?!
We enjoyed Labor Day yesterday, too. We worked around the house (I graded papers and did laundry) until lunchtime, and went back to the Black-eyed Pea for lunch (this one here in town). We followed that with a couple of errands and came home to make ice cream, gather luggage, and get them ready to go. We managed to get another game of Aggravation in (Pop and I let them win this time so they wouldn't go home upset) before having some ice cream, and then... time to say TTFN.
It was hard. C takes it really hard. She was so emotional and weepy all afternoon. I'm going to look into bringing her with me when I come to CA in October, a little Mom-Daughter trip. We'll see.
They ran into some traffic delays and got the car returned and to the airport just in time. They called me when they landed in LA and they made it home fine. :: sigh :: Wish they were still here!
Several of our neighbors gathered together for a Labor Day BBQ last night. I wasn't much in the mood to be social, but I made myself go, and I'm glad we did. I really enjoyed sitting outside in the perfect weather and getting to know some of the neighbors. The kids played and the adults chatted. It really was a great time.
This friendly-neighbor thing is so new to us! :) We are so blessed, though. I didn't see other gatherings like ours through the neighborhood. I got to thinking that God even brought us to this part of the street, to these neighbors... We were originally very interested in another house down the street, but God worked this house out for us. Isn't that neat? This house, these neighbors, these schools... I am overwhelmed by His tremendous love for us! Aren't you?
Prayer needs:
- My cousin's young son D had a bicycle accident this weekend and is pretty beat up. No broken bones but he has a lot of pain and had a concussion. His mouth is so sore he can't really even eat. Please pray for him to heal quickly!



No comments:
Post a Comment