Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday!

So Miss G seems to think that anything that is round is a ball, and, ergo, her toy. I thought it was cute the other day when I was unloading groceries, and having found a cantaloupe in the bag on the floor, she proceeded to get it out and roll it across the room.

But then she discovered the tomatoes.

Now there are small red splats on my floor that I need to go scrub. Not only that, but there's a red splat in the window sill and on the window screen where evidently she thought she could throw it / smash it / push it through. :: sigh ::

So if you wondered where I was yesterday, I was simply tired. (After reading about Miss G, can you blame me?) Tired and a little overwhelmed. Just one of those days, you know? But thanks for missing me, those of you who did. :)

Did you know that 111,111,111 times 111,111,111 is 12,345,678,987,654,321? I know, pretty useless fact, but if you like numbers (like me) you still might find it interesting. :)

I'm very excited that it's Friday. This week has been busy and yet I don't have a lot to show for it. I haven't done much on the house other than maintain it, but I've been busy with some financial matters, grading papers, helping Ro with an assignment, etc. I'm glad we're at the end of the week!

But the best part of today is that I get to start packing and shopping for our weekend. We are going camping tomorrow! Just a quick trip and we will be staying in a sleeper cabin, but we are all pretty excited about it. We haven't gotten to go camping as a family since the summer of 2005! Isn't that sad, for a family who enjoys camping? But in 06 Miss G came along and we didn't get out, and then of course, this past summer we've been busy with the house stuff. So now, fall is coming, and there's cool stuff going on, so we're headed out tomorrow for a quick trip. Yay!

Therefore I probably won't post again until Sunday night or Monday, but I'm sure I'll have lots to say then!

Before I close for today, my aunt sent me this. I've read it before, but I still enjoy it and it's a good reminder, I think, about perspective! I hope it brings a smile to your face.

Attitude

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. "Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today!" So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "Hmm," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today!" So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YEA!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

:) Gotta love it.

Prayer Needs:
  • Safe trip.
  • C's biopsy on Monday. Pray also that both she and husband T will be feeling healthy for the procedure. T's sick right now.
  • K's pregnancy.

No comments: