It isn't just the people at work who are like that, either, or the neighbors, as I've talked about before. It's also just the everyday people we happen by.
We were very blessed this morning by one such man. We decided to have breakfast out and we were seated near this man dining alone. He was a warm, friendly man, and it sure didn't take long for Grace to fix her big blue/green/gray/whatever-color-they are eyes on him. She'd smile and wave and flirt, and he just loved it. He was friendly and we chatted a little. On his way out he said that Grace absolutely made his morning. What a cool feeling is that!
We ran some errands today and returned Jerry's car. After that we
decided to take a picnic in the park. Near our house is a lake, and next to the lake is a park. We drive by it daily, and the other day C and I drove in to check it out and decided we needed to have a picnic here to explore it further. There is a playground, lots and lots of lush grass and picnic tables, the lake of course, and a little miniature train that runs around part of the park.
Other tidbits:
- Our lawn is starting to really green up, mostly from the rain, but from watering it this past week as well. Hopefully soon we won't be the worst lawn on the block. :)
- J's new thing is to order a Bud Light at restaurants when the waitress is taking his drink order. I think he loves the attention it gives him. Last night he did it and the waitress asked for ID. C said, "I have one!" and handed her the school ID card C got and is so proud of. :) (God bless this woman; she carded me as well!)
- I did, indeed, make a list yesterday, and had a productive afternoon!
- Madeleine L'Engle passed away. She is surely one of the greatest writers of children's literature. Actually, I read her books when C was a baby, so they're well-loved by adults as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment