Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Bikers

"Mom, can I go out and ride my bike?"

Ah, music to my ears. The kids are really coming along and picking up their new bike skills well. Ro took them out for the second time yesterday afternoon, and they were both really getting it. C was even able to turn around and stop on her own. I think J forgets he has brakes; he panics whenever he needs to stop. He munched it a couple of times, but he didn't even skin his knee, and he climbed right back on his bike. Sweet!

Yesterday while I was typing on the computer about what a monkey G can be, she climbed up two boxes. When I turned around she was standing on the top (the height was about to my mid-thigh). I said, "Don't fall!" and, of course, she did. :( She's okay and I haven't found any marks or anything, but I think it scared her pretty well. She's stayed away from those boxes since.

However, this morning she fell again - twice! The first time nose-first off the couch. Nice little scrape on her nose. And then, within an hour, she toppled off the chaise. Rough morning.

The most frustrating thing is that I was holding the memory card for my camera the first time she fell and I set it somewhere when I went to get her and now I can't find it. I hate not having my camera available when I might need it. I'm sure Miss G probably picked it up and if so, there's no telling when or where we'll find it. She loves to be helpful by dropping things into open boxes, open toilets, trash cans... especially with something as small as my memory card, I'm not sure we'll find it. At least there weren't any pictures on it, I guess.

C had her first field trip today with her school. They went to CSU in Fort Collins and did a bunch of outdoors team-building exercises and games. She had a blast. Yesterday she met with her cooking club and they made creme brulee, and they were even able to bring some home. Mmmm... We're hoping to make it again this weekend.

J is doing well and is excited to meet his new furry friend soon. We hope to go tomorrow to find a hamster, christen him Hamy Snickerdoodle, and bring him home. J has completely read three books on hamster care, and I'm pretty proud of how seriously he's taking this. He even took notes on one section!

C is wanting a dog or a cat, and she's already chosen the name Velcro. We are leaning toward a small dog, but we have to be patient until the right one comes along. It might be awhile! :)

Meanwhile, the weather has been beautiful and I've been getting a bit done on the house here and there. It's a good feeling but I sure wish it would go faster.

Thanks to those who have prayed for my friends as they deal with the anniversary of their son's death, and to those of you who sent me e-mail comments and posted comments to the blog. It was a rough day for them, so if the Lord brings them to mind, would you please continue to lift them up in prayer?

Now go love on your kids. There are no guarantees how long you'll have them here.

No comments: