So yesterday comes and I'm totally curious as to what they would have sent. I make sure to get my shower and all so that I won't miss the doorbell. 11 comes and goes; 12 comes and goes. I'm even afraid to go pee now because I just know that's when the doorbell will ring. I wasn't feeling all that great so I sat up here in the loft near th ewindow doing some computer work and basically just waiting.
1:00 comes and Deb calls me. "Has it got there yet?" No, I answer - "Didja get it from Sears?!?!" She laughed. I asked if maybe they meant 11 to 1 their time. "Yeah, that must be it; I'll call you back." Ro calls from work on his lunchbreak and I told him I must be dealing with Sears again. Deb calls back and says, "They're having some delivery problems; they should be there within an hour."
So I wait. Everytime I car drives down the street, I check. I start doing this and that and finally I hear a car door. I look out the window, but it's hard to see with the tree, but someone's walking up... in a familiar blue shirt. Grey hair... No! Couldn't be?
But I knew. I raced down the stairs praying I wouldn't hurt myself and out the door and sure enough, there's my Pop! It didn't make sense at all to me, that he would be standing in my
driveway! It was the strangest feeling I've ever had. I grabbed him and hugged him, checked the car because I couldn't believe he would fly, and saw Mom and Deb right behind him.
WOW. It was insane. I can't believe they are here. Talk about a surprise. And yesterday was the first day that I had really felt lonely for the first time. Everyone was gone, I wasn't feeling well, and I wished I could just call my mom and go to Wal-Mart. You know how I made poppyseed chicken the other night? That's my mom's favorite. I had doubled the recipe and there was so much left over. I even told Ro, "It sure goes a long way when Mom's not here!" :) And then, there she was.
I can't even begin to convey the emotions I have... I am overwhelmed beyond words. I guess then I'll stick to the story.
After a quick bite to eat (poppyseed chicken!), we piled into the Pilot to go get C from school. We got out of the car there and waited for her to see everyone. I wish you could see the way her jaw dropped! Then she began to drop one thing and then the next, pencils, books..
. It was so funny. After she recovered, she gave them a brief tour of her school and then we went over to get J. HE didn't even seem surprised! He said he really was but he just acted like this was an everyday thing!
We made a quick jaunt to the market and came back to the house and Deb got to work. Man, I wish I had 1/3 of her energy. How she got up at the crack of dawn (they left Palmdale around 4 I think) and traveled here, and then worked her butt off all afternoon is beyond me. Not to mention how she worked our butts off as well - she's a slave driver! LOL She helped me get the living room furniture un-plasticked, legs put on, and set up. Then we spent an hour in the garage looking for the hardware for my bedroom set, and then we tackled that! That bedroom set is huge, so that was a big chore! We got so much done. In fact, she managed to knock out my three goals for Ro that I had for the entire weekend!
Ro had to work late, and since he was at his new job, I couldn't tell him what was going on. He called on his way home and I just said, "You'll never believe what they sent me for my birthday." When he finally got home, they hid in the garage, and I showed him all that I accomplished in the day. He knew I didn't feel good so he was shocked, and he couldn't understand especially how I managed the bedroom set. He knew it didn't sound right, but I must have had some superfreak burst of adrenaline to put it together. He even quizzed me to make sure I'd done it right. LOL
Then I said, "Well come downstairs and see what I got for my birthday." Pop, Mom, and Deb had moved out of the garage and onto the couch. He came out, looked, and was just silent for a few seconds. Like me, it was like he just couldn't process it. Like he wasn't surprised to see them until he realized he was seeing them here. How crazy this whole thing is!
I absolutely can't believe they are here. Deb brought me papers to grade - lol - and expects them to be done by the time she leaves on Monday - LOL! She took Friday off work and with the long weekend they get to stay until Monday evening. I'm so giddy! I just can't wrap my brain around it, to be honest.
I had just told Ro the other night that this would my first Labor Day without my family to barbecue with and make homemade ice cream with - and they're here. Unbestinkinlievable!!!
They made these plans weeks ago - before they even got home from Vegas, in fact. And many of you knew about them... wow! hahahaha This has got to be the coolest birthday SURPRISE ever.
I'd better go. I have a honey-do list to put together for my sister. ;)
My umbrella is wide open, as God continues to bring the rain... I am humbled by His love and His goodness to me!



No comments:
Post a Comment