Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Good Morning

I got up this morning to the sound of the alarm clock going off in J's room. It's all new, you know, this alarm clock thing, but we've never had to get up quite so early for school before. So when school started in August we gave C her own alarm clock after being chastised one morning for not getting her up in time. She sets it every night and gets up on her own and is usually mostly ready for school before I even see her.

And then last night J came out with an alarm clock (still not sure where he found it) and asked Ro to set it for him. So at 6:30 this morning I heard his alarm going on and on and on and I asked Ro, "Have you showed him how to turn it off?" :)

So I got up, threw on a pair of shorts and slippers, and went downstairs. I was a little groggy. I offered C breakfast, but she already ate, and I made her a quick lunch. It was time to take her to school, and since Ro took her yesterday, I figured it was my turn. I grabbed my hoodie (That's what they're called now; did you know that? We used to call them hooded sweatshirts.) and headed to the car. It was pretty brisk out, 44 in fact. C was complaining about the cold while I defrosted the windshield, making a mental note to have Ro get that garage door opener thing going soon.

"I like mornings like this," I said to her. "Don't they help wake you up?"

"Yes!" C exclaimed. "But I don't want to be awake!" :)

So anyway, we drove on to school. As I pulled into the parking lot, I was approaching a sight that's one of the coolest things I'd ever seen. We got closer to the drop-off point, and I could see a gathering of students...

Standing in a circle.

Holding hands.

Around the flagpole.

With their heads bowed in prayer.

Wow! See You at the Pole! I knew instantly what I was seeing, but I still couldn't believe it. In my two previous churches where I served as a youth leader I'd always promoted SYATP but the students had always reported back that there were only a couple of students there. It was always a very poor-attended, unpopular event, at least as described by my public-school students. But wow - I saw at least 50 students gathered around the flagpole at C's school, and possibly a couple of adults. It really blessed my heart to see it.

C went to join in but I had to leave. I was so moved by these students praying that I bawled all the way home. :) What a goober I am, huh?

~~~~~
Updates:

My friend K's ultrasound went well yesterday. She could still use prayer for a healthy baby and for to feel better, though, but I'm very excited for her. :)

Ro was feeling better by the time he got home from work.

My friend C will need a biopsy on her liver on the 1st. Please continue to pray for her.

And I'm still working on the video of the house floorplan. Sorry for the delay. I've finally been ready to do it but things (like G) have gotten in the way. :) Today? Tomorrow? Soon.

I hope!

No comments: