Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday at Wiggy House

My house is full of people and it is such a blessing.

And there's lots and lots of room! Before we moved, if Mom, Pop, and Deb came over - it would be a crowded house. We'd eat on the couches in the living room with the kids on the floor. Right now C and J are playing happily in the basement (can you believe that?), Pop is napping in the living room, Mom is working in the kitchen, Deb and Ro are installing ceiling fans in the bedrooms, and G is... G is... Where is G? You could lose a kid in this place, Ro says, and he's right. Oh yeah, she's napping as well.

There are a few houses for sale in this neighborhood. Oh, how I wish they'd stay. I think Pop doesn't mind it so much but isn't too sure about how the winter will go. I can't blame him there, I guess. But oh how perfect this place would be if the people I loved were here with me.

Yesterday we were sure busy but we didn't get as much done. We did a lot of shopping, had lunch at Golden Corral (we used to have one in Lancaster but it's gone now; this was okay but not what we'd remembered), hung out at the mall for a bit, bought a car (YES!), and came home to install ceiling fans.

Fan #1 turned out to be more of a pain than expected, but they got it installed finally after a couple of hours. They began installing the other two fans when they found that there's no support beam so it would have to wait. Then they started checking out the fan in C's room which seemed really loose, and same thing - not installed correctly. So this morning Ro and Deb were up in the attic getting it all figured out, Ro went off to Home Depot again, and they've been working on getting them fixed up ever since. They got J's done, and right now they're fixing C's. G's will have to wait until after lunch I suppose.

Yes, we snagged a car, finally. It's an older Nissan Sentra, pretty clean, ran very well, excellent price. Ro has been looking for a small or mid-sized truck but nothing has turned up. We'll just keep our eyes open for down the line, but right now we need to get him to work next week!

Funny thing... it's rained nearly every day since we got here, but not a drop since my family has arrived. Pretty warm right now, too, so I'm looking forward to those fans. I suspect we'll have the a/c installed only to use it for a week or so before it cools off though. LOL That's how we work, you know.

I need to take pictures... and post pictures...

No comments: