Thursday, September 13, 2007

Owww

Another tardy post... my bad.

Boy, am I ever sore today. I couldn't even finish the floors yesterday because I was so tired and hurting so much. To clarify, it wasn't just a scrub of the floors; that would have taken maybe an hour tops. I was really trying to scrub the grout in an effort to get it all one shade. Some places were whitish, and others were jet black. I worked until about 8:30 when the kids went to bed and Ro took over for me in the last spot in the kitchen. I still have a corner to do in the dining room and the downstairs bathroom, but they'll have to wait until my body heals! How sad is that?

It's been so beautiful here. Today it got up to about 72 I believe. I drove in to Fort Collins to replace some broken chairs and I took my time seeing what's out there. On the way home I loved seeing the wide, open spaces of just land. Open lands on both sides and the Rocky Mountains just to my right. Beautiful.

J finished another novel yesterday (Superfudge). Is it our new incentive, you think, or just a sudden interest in Judy Blume's humorous tomes? Doesn't matter to me; the kid's reading. In fact he's been reading since I picked him up from school almost 40 minutes ago.

C's new friend... the one I mentioned before... she is apparently quite boy-crazy. In the course of three weeks she's broken up with her boyfriend, reunited with him, broken up again, and is now, according to C, searching for a date to the dance coming up in November. I am gently encouraging C to broaden her horizons and seek out other friends. I'm not so excited about her linked up with this girl who's got boys on her mind all the time.

Miss G... let's see, what has she been up to? I'm having an increasingly hard time restraining her, be it in a shopping cart, her carseat, or my arms. :( Except for when she's being tied down, she's pretty good-natured, though. She still waves at everyone who passes by, occasionally punctuating it with a cheerful, "Hi!" She seems to me like she's gone through a recent growth spurt. She seems so long and tall suddenly.

Ro is doing fine at work. It's work. There are pros and cons to this job, I guess just like any other job. The biggest adjustment is the schedule. I'm still happy to have him home evenings and weekends, though. I know a lot of wives out there don't even get that.

And me... I'm good. Just sore and tired. My yuckies are apparently all gone, so that's a good thing. I've been keeping my lists going and staying productive; the unpacking is slow-going but I'll blame that on G. ;) We're having company for dinner tonight so I should go get going (go get going? is that proper English?) on that. It just feels so good to stop and sit awhile, know what I mean?

Quotable:
  • "Okay, I'm going to go toot for a little bit." (C, just before practicing her trumpet.)
Prayer Needs:
  • My friends who are grieving the loss of their son a year ago this week.
  • My pregnant friend K who has been struggling with a nasty headache since Monday.
  • C to make more friends (less boy-crazy friends!).

No comments: