There are so many things running through my head today:
~ I have been known to tell my children, when asked repeatedly to buy them things, that there isn't money just falling out of my butt. (Yes, I know, that is shocking, and some/many/most of you would never say such things to your children. I knew I'd never win that Mother of the Year Award...) Anyway, with G I may have found my pot of gold, for when I opened her diaper this morning, I found a quarter and a dime and a penny (and thankfully no poo!). Small change, yes, but she's only 14 months old.
~ G's rash is gone and she has been in a much better mood yesterday and today!
~ Ro went to train again today in Aurora and ran into one of the heads who had interviewed him. She said he's been "the buzz of K"... that everyone is talking about him and is so excited to have him on board. She said that with his resume they were afraid he'd go in a different direction. It's sure nice to know people are excited you're there!
~ I made one of my favorite recipes for dinner, poppyseed chicken. If you haven't tried it, I'd encourage you to. I'll post the recipe for you, in fact. The most time-consuming part is cutting up the chicken, but other than that it's a quick fix, very filling, and yummy.
~ I learned that holding down the control button and turning the scroll on the mouse makes the objects on my screen humungous, and I can even see without my glasses.
~ I have been working the Jumble puzzles in the newspaper this week. My grandma used to love them, so that's why they caught my eye.
~ Ro and I got our CO driver's licenses yesterday. They are so pretty! My picture isn't bad at all although I look like I'm ready to strangle the picture taker's neck. ;) Ro looks happy and excited in his picture.
~ Though this isn't a blue law state, it's very different on Sundays here than it was at home. All the garage sales are done on Fridays and Saturdays, instead of Saturdays and Sundays. A lot of businesses are closed, including car dealerships (Sunday might've been the busiest day in SoCal) and car rental offices.
~ Breakage Report: I've only lost two glasses so far, and that was entirely my fault. I credit this to both the lack of movement in shipment by the POD folk but especially to the tip K gave me - to use the stuff from my shredder to cushion my breakables. I had a ton of stuff to shred anyway so I just started doing it and it made great packing stuffing. Possibly the best moving tip I've ever heard.
Prayer Needs:
- I have two friends who need to sell their houses, M and L. Both homes are still in the AV. M has moved out of state and is burdened by having both rent and a mortgage; L is still there but her husband is working out of the area. Please keep these friends in prayer!
- We are still in need of a used car, as soon as possible! Please pray that God will direct us to a decent car at a good price.



1 comment:
the situation wi/ gracie and the loose change runs in the family. granma d used tell the story that they were so very poor, she had to literally go hunting through your daddy's diapers to find the dime he had swallowed... maybe he didn't swallow it...maybe we are just cash....cows. : ) love ya, beth
g
Post a Comment